Wednesday 22 May 2013

Porterhouse - Celebration Stout

I have a confession to make...I don't normally drink stouts or porters in the summer months and tend to go for lighter beer though an occasional pint of Guinness hits the spot. Well today it's been absolutely hammering down with rain all day so I got soaked going to work, at work and going home from work so what better than a good stout or porter to warm up a bit and chill out ?

An Imperial Irish Stout on the label ? Never had one before until this... Pours black with small tan head, actually I lie as I made an absolute arse of it pouring this and had to wait ages until the head fell ! :) So, well lasting and good lacing head. On the intake roasted malts, coffee, lightly smoked and some licorice  while finishing slightly dry with mild hoppy bitterness in a long aftertaste. Smooth and easy to drink, no alcohol shining through.

I don't know about the Imperial bit but I enjoyed this one and it reached 8/10 on the beerometer. One thing that bugged me, whats with the ring pull top ? Just put a nice crown cap on it, bloody hipster-like move that.

Alc : 7%
Where to buy : Fish & Beer , Amagerbrogade 143








No comments:

Post a Comment